The Role: Waiting staff
The Restaurant: Orelle
The Location: 103 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 3AG
The Salary: Competitive Salary
There is an excellent salary package on offer including; bonus, 5% of salary paid into your pension scheme, Private Health Care, and private Health Insurance.
Why work for us:
- Top rate industry leading pay
- Discount in all of our restaurants – 40% off all day, every day
- Exclusive discounts and cashback options at a range of retailers and cinema tickets at great prices courtesy of LifeWorks App
- Wagestream – access to the Wagestream money management app that lets you track your earnings throughout the month, instantly access up to 40% of your pay as soon as you earn it and save directly from your salary
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline and the opportunity to have 6 hourly sessions with a trained Counsellor for free
- Access to WeCare – a solution designed to support your mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing. You will have access to 24/7 UK-based online GP appointments, mental health counselling, a get fit programme, legal and financial guidance plus much more
- Free tasty and healthy meals on shift
- Employee of the Month scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Holiday that increases with length of service
- Access to our training platform D&D Connect with resources to develop your skills and knowledge
- An optional paid day each year to give back and volunteer
- Recommend a Friend scheme
Who we are:
A stunning top floor restaurant located at the heart of Birmingham’s bustling Business District, Orelle celebrates the building’s architectural history, whilst offering guests beautiful food in a luxurious, modern setting.
Orelle will include a ground floor Café serving breakfast and light food, which in the evening transforms into a glamorous Wine and Cocktail Bar, offering the perfect location for pre or post dinner aperitifs for restaurant diners. On the 24th floor, guests will discover a fine-dining restaurant that serves dramatic French-inspired dishes. Situated in Birmingham’s tallest building, the stylish restaurant offers breath-taking 360 degree views of the city.
At D&D London we are passionate about all things food and drink. We strive to deliver quality in everything we do, each time we do it. With over 40 diverse venues across six cities including London, New York and Paris – there is a restaurant for every occasion. Each of our sites pride themselves on the unique designs, the freshest produce and the most exclusive settings. Founded in 2006 by David Loewi, the mission has always been the same, to provide each and every guest with a luxury experience when stepping foot into our restaurants, bars and hotel. Through the years we have paved the way in the luxury dining scene, acquiring some of the most iconic venues in London and beyond, venues such as Bluebird Chelsea, 100 Wardour St, Quaglino’s, 20 Stories, Orelle and South Place Hotel.
A bit about what you will be doing:
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate Head Chef to manage all aspects of the food offering in our restaurant, private dining in room dining and bars. You must be passionate about food, ingredients and menu development.
You will be responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety and food hygiene, managing GP, P&L and all other forecasting and stock management. Knowledge of FNB and Fourth Hospitality is desirable, but full training will be given.
We are looking for a Head Chef who can lead the team – being on the front line and leading the pass is a must. We are looking for someone who can train, motivate and develop the team. You must be resilient, with the ambition and drive to be part of a successful business.
• Exceptional standards and attention to detail.
• Creative development of menus in the restaurant.
• Lead the brigade – Being on the front line and leading the pass is a must.
• Support the creation and delivery of F&B strategies.
• Manage budgets, payroll, margins and all financial aspects of the kitchens.
• Training and development of the brigade.
• Strong knowledge of food safety and health and safety.
• Previous experience of working as a Senior Chef within a Hotel or high volume restaurant.
• Actively seek menu feedback, responding accurately and adapting as necessary.
• Overall you will be resilient, have ambition and drive to be part of a successful business.
If you are interested in the Head Chef role please apply today!